Empowering Humanity also did training’s to train the teachers and parents on protection of children from any kind of violence.
Child Sexual Abuse or child molestation is a form of child abuse in which an adult or older adolescent uses a child for sexual stimulation. Forms of child sexual abuse include engaging in sexual activities with a child (whether by asking or pressuring, or by other means), indecent exposure (of the genitals, female nipples, etc.), child grooming, or using a child to produce child pornography. There are 2 different types of child sexual abuse. These are called contact abuse and non-contact abuse.
Contact abuse involves touching activities where an abuser makes physical contact with a child, including penetration. It includes
- Sexual touching of any part of the body whether the child’s wearing clothes or not.
- Rape or penetration by putting an object or body part inside a child’s mouth, vagina or anus.
- Forcing or encouraging a child to take part in sexual activity.
- Making a child take their clothes off, touch someone else’s genitals or masturbate.
Non-contact abuse involves non-touching activities, such as grooming, exploitation, persuading children to perform sexual acts over the internet and flashing. It includes:
- Encouraging a child to watch or hear sexual acts.
- Not taking proper measures to prevent a child being exposed to sexual activities by others.
- Meeting a child following sexual grooming with the intent of abusing them.
- Online abuse including making, viewing or distributing child abuse images.
- Allowing someone else to make, view or distribute child abuse images.
- Showing pornography to a child.
- Sexually exploiting a child for money, power or status (child exploitation).
The sexual abuse of children is a fundamental violation of their rights. It is a universal and complex problem. It includes a range of abusers, different forms of abuse, and varies in the type and degree of impact on the victim.
Since the First World Congress against the Sexual Exploitation of Children, in 1996, which served to focus attention on the issue, there has been a substantial increase in activities designed to counter a potential increase in the incidence of abuse, and its negative impact on children. Interventions have increased through specific targeted projects, and most significantly through an increased recognition that sexually abused and exploited.
children are frequently the same children who are facing a range of difficulties. They are the school going children, displaced and refugee children, street children, children in hazardous labor etc.
The outcomes of sexual abuse are very harmful for children; they are similar to those of depression or severe anxiety and nervousness. Mostly children face health trouble, as well as they don’t want to participate in any physical activities; victim is always hiding and avoiding a specific person for no reason.
They withdraw themselves from normal and regular activities. This will be the reason for poor performance in school and class participation.
In light of the staggering statistics and the devastating effects of child sexual abuse, Empowering Humanity is taking the next step to address this issue. The CSA Awareness Program of Empowering Humanity reaches out to children between the age groups of 7- 14 years.
We aim to protect children by educating them and their teachers/parents on how to recognize and prevent child sexual abuse. The outcomes of sexual abuse are very harmful for children; they are similar to those of depression or severe anxiety and nervousness.
Mostly children face health trouble, as well as they don’t want to participate in any physical activities; victim is always hiding and avoiding a specific person for no reason. They withdraw themselves from normal and regular activities. This will be the reason for poor performance in school and class participation.
Specifically, we at Empowering Humanity:
- Sensitize the school community on CSA, what it is, the effects, and what should be done.
- Set up efficient counseling services.
- Employ child protection team in every school, train them.
- Set up a group of senior students in every school as master trainer to train each and every student of school about CSA.